Saturday, July 29, 2017

Joy to the World!

Hello, Readers! I apologize for letting the blog linger for over two weeks without a post! I have been taking a bit of a break from blogging and crafting this summer. There has been a lot going on here at home, and there have been many changes happening. Plus, we are doing some cosmetic updates to the house, which means the house has been at sixes and sevens! I still have much to do, but I am trying to pace myself so as to not have another back or hip injury!

My studio is 95% back to working form! I need to do a few more things and hang some artwork, but it's mostly ready to go! I hope to share a video of the space soon.

I have to confess, that my mojo has also been on vacation these past few months! However, yesterday, I received a nice surprise in the mail that perked me up a bit!
Hampton Art has released another one of my little wood mount stamps! This one is being sold by Hobby Lobby Stores! It is not up on their website yet, but it may already be in stores. I will keep you posted if I see it available online!
It is always fun to have a new stamp come out. I submit artwork to Hampton Art about once a year, and then wait patiently to see if any of it gets picked up by the big box stores. Sometimes, it is YEARS before art gets made into an actual stamp! However, it is always a thrill to find out it has. It means a small royalty check comes in the mail four times a year, which is always great, even if it is just enough to buy a fancy coffee. {smile}

I plan to share a card made with this stamp soon, and will be doing a prize grab here on the blog. I always get three stamps: one to use, and two to give away! Stay tuned for that!

In other news, I will start up the Graphic 45 monthly folio series in September, so keep an eye out The last folio was the May folio, so we will either pick up the June project in September and continue with one per month, or I will save the summer folios until the end and pick back up with the September folios...I am not sure yet. 

Have a great weekend and come on back on August 2nd for a new Conie Fong image and challenge!

5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Gloria! Many congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Thanks for creating such a beautiful stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous stamp Gloria, congratulations. Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Another beautiful stamp! Look like I need to head to Hobby Lobby to add to my Gloria stamp collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Gloria that is wonderful news! I didn't know that you were making stamps, well, maybe I did! Anyway, I am not stamping so much these days, but will have to go check in Hobby Lobby here for your stamp!!

    ReplyDelete